5.26.2010

CAIXA FORUM

Whenever I go to a new place, I create expectations based mainly of information I have gathered from people who have been there. 

Based off of these rumors, I had extremely high expectations for the Prado. 

Yet the massive crowds and strict rules kept me from being able to fully enjoy the artwork. 
The following photo was the highlight......
:(
Luckily, this was not the end of my first day with art in Spain. 
On my way to the metro, I became distracted by the following:

LA CAIXA FORUM



The previous two photos are of the massive elephant outside the Gallery.
The following images are of the incredible staircase that leads into the free exhibits.








Sadly, I could not take photos of the collections.  I have included links to videos that cover the basic  ideas behind my 2 favorite collections. 
enjoy:

First, the most recent work of Miquel Barcelo.
http://www.rtve.es/rss/videos/noticias/TE_CULTUR.xml


The following video covers images of violence in nations of conflict. 
The photographers of this collection worked on topics they felt needed global attention. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7uT5zcmx8

No comments: